Financial Risk Management
A hands-on approach to Risk Management:
market practice beyond theory
- Open Program
Start May 2024
Duration 4 days
Format Part-time weekend
Fruition Hybrid with
Every organization faces the constant threat of disasters, prompting daily efforts by businesses to address financial risks through a focus on hedging, risk management processes, compliance, and internal controls. However, the practical aspects of how risks are identified, evaluated, and handled remain crucial questions. In the dynamic and ever-evolving business landscape that exposes all organizations to various challenges, only a select few manage to thrive. This course aims to explore and answer these questions by furnishing theoretical frameworks and practical tools tailored for managers and senior executives. The goal is to empower companies in enhancing their approach to risk management, enabling them to navigate markets successfully, even amidst high volatility, instability, and financial turmoil.
Hands-on and business-oriented learning experience offering a 360°overview of the managerial, financial, economic and statistical implications of risk management
The course is structured to provide a comprehensive and multi-faceted overview of the different disciplines pertaining to Financial Risk Management
Flexibility and One-to-One Sessions
This program is designed to allow participants to take part to an immersive and tailor-made learning experience, without taking key people away from all work-related activities for an extended period of time
Strong focus on daily market practices, combined with a rigorous but intuitive theoretical background
Professional skills of immediate use
The course has been designed by business experts and professionals to offer an in-depth insight into the main principles of managerial best practices
Know-how and Expertise
The lecturer has a 15 year working and teaching experience (former trader, current Risk Manager and Head of Regulatory Reporting for a London-based investment firm and University lecturer)
Classes are going to be held partly in Castellanza (LBS) and partly in Milan (exclusive location in the heart of the city). Hands-on lessons for proactive learners, where theory and best market practices are combined.
Online Synchronous and
Participants can choose between in praesentia and distance learning: no pre-recorded videos, but real-time lessons, where the flexibility of distance learning is combined with the benefits of proactive attendance.
daily exposed to a wide variety of risks and willing to tackle them more effectively
eager to promote a risk-aware environment, as a prerequisite for organisational success
interested in Risk Management, even without a specific financial risks background
- 01 10 May 2024 Financial Markets
- 02 11 May 2024 Financial Derivatives
- 03 17 May 2024 Financial Derivatives
- 04 18 May 2024 The risk management process (RMP)
- 05 24 May 2024 The risk management process (RMP)
- 06 25 May 2024 Risk measures and risk metrics
- 07 31 May 2024 Risk measures and risk metrics
- 08 31 May 2024 One-to-one Q&A and wrap-up session
Table of contents
- Identify and evaluate (both qualitatively and quantitatively) the major risks a firm is exposed to
- Identify the most appropriate hedging techniques, depending on the specific business contingencies
- Critically evaluate and assess the soundness of a firm’s Risk Management Process
- Understand the basic mechanics of trading and settlement
To proceed with enrollment click here.
The course fee is € 2.500 + VAT. This is a one-off enrolment fee due before the beginning of the course.
Promotions and Discounts:
- Early Bird (payment within 2024/04/10): 10% discount
- 2 members of the same company: 10% discount
- 3 members of the same company: 15% discount
Discounts are cumulative up to a maximum of 20%.
information For more information about the course, to discover the selection and registration procedures, and to request a call, fill out the form with your details.